Friday, March 28, 2014

Kenya you are amazingly beautiful


“The only man I envy is the man who has not yet been to Africa – for he has so much to look forward to.” – Richard Mullin
I don’t know how much of Kenyan news makes it to the States, but, for those who follow international news don’t worry, I am safe. With the recent Westgate attack, Mombasa church shooting, demonstrations in Kisii town and the tribal disputes in Kisumu, it’s hard not to see Kenya as a country plagued by violence. However, like anywhere in the world, Kenya has its good qualities and bad. Therefore, I dedicate this post to all the amazingly beautiful things I see.  I could never do Kenya justice if I tried to describe its beauty… hopefully these photos can demonstrate how gorgeous this country and its people are.

Beautiful schoolgirls. Photo taken in Tabaka.
 
Children outside the hospital gate.
 
Child drawing on a wall with a rock.
Photo taken in Tabaka.

Lake Victoria.

Lake Victoria. They catch the fish from the lake
and lay them out to dry and then sell.

Flowers.
 
 
Child from the village.

Children from the village.

Lake Victoria.
 
Women carrying water from the lake.
 

My little rays of sunshine. They are discharge ins,
they constantly follow me around the hospital distracting
me from work.
 
I have found several pairs of TOMS since I have been here.
Go buy a pair, they are really sent to developing countries.
 
Woman selling fruit in the market.

Pots at the market.

Woman who practices Legio Maria. Very common
religious movement among the Lou tribe.
 
Buffalo. Photo taken at Masai Mara.

Elephant family.

Zebras. The rainy season is when most animals have
their babies.

Found a lion.
First wild lion I have ever seen!
 
Wildebeest.
 
Market in Kisumu. I have an obsession with buying fabric.
Still haven't made anything, but you never know,
maybe I will find a love for fashion design.

Meet Cleo Patrick, yes his name is Cleo Patrick!
He is such  an inspiration. Orphaned and trying to do
everything he can to go to school and support his siblings.

Children using a bucket as a drum.

Of course you see all the beautiful children, but what I love
about this photo is the child on the left. He is using sticks, string,
and two plastic pieces to make a toy. All materials were collected from the trash.
You are looking at a future engineer. 
 
 
 Video taken at Maisha in Kisumu.
 
I hope you enjoyed these photos as much as I did.  Also, I would like to thank every single person who has supported me throughout this experience. It really makes a difference when I receive messages and mail from my friends and family, I love you all!! If you like my work please go to my cmmb webpage and donate, I'm still trying to make it to $5,000. The link can be found a the top of the page called check out CMMB.
Finally, LHS, thank you for the beautiful article!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment