Saturday, July 25, 2015

Windows on the world

"Your assumption are your windows on the world. Scrub them off every once in a while, or the light wont come in." -Isaac Asimov

What a surprise, I find myself going back to Kenya. Just kidding! Traveling to Africa has become such a normal part of my life I keep forgetting I have a day and a half journey ahead of me.

This time I will be back for only a short period of time :( Unfortunately I have this thing called work and school back in Baltimore. I can’t believe it, but I find myself wishing I was moving back here. However, even if it’s for a short period of time, I am overwhelmed with excitement to continue my global health work, see my friends, and of course see Tyson.
I have seen this hashtag making its way around social media called #whatthemediadoesntshowyou. I am absolutely inspired by it! The point is to show all the beautiful sides of Africa. So my goal for these short weeks is to focus not on what you already know about this country, but, show you a glimpse of what the media doesn't show you.

 See you in Kenya!

No comments:

Post a Comment