Sunday, November 24, 2013

Kenya it is


Oh my goodness, so much has happened since I lasted blogged. First, my final placement has been selected. I will be spending the next year of my life at Tabaka Mission Hospital located in Western Kenya. Second, I leave Thanksgiving Day!
 
I have so many mixed emotions. I’m more than ready to start my career as a nurse. I’m also ready to pursue my dreams of working towards improving international health care. Finally I’m excited to be engulfed in a new culture and meet amazing people.
 
As Thanksgiving Day approaches it becomes more real that I will be leaving the people I so deeply love and the comforts of my own country. In fact, the other day I stood under my shower watching the water flow out of my shower head and through my fingers. Honestly, running water is the least of my worries. As a new nurse I worry that I will not be good enough or experienced enough. I won’t be what they need. But then I think about how much I loved my past experiences with international health care. I also think about where I’m going and the lack of health workers and resources. Because of that I need to push aside my worries and be confident in my education, for there is a reason I have been lead down this path.

See you in Kenya.

No comments:

Post a Comment