Monday, December 9, 2013

Nairobi

I spent about four days in Nairobi. While in Nairobi I had the opportunity to meet most of the CMMB staff in Kenya. We were able to eat pizza and have lots and lots of tea. I also had the opportunity to do some sightseeing in Nairobi. I visited the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust that focuses on conservation, preservation, and protection of orphaned baby elephants. They maintain a safe environment away from poachers and provide education to all their visitors.  It was an incredible experience to watch the baby elephants in a safe and natural environment. I also was able to visit African Fund for endangered species. It’s a similar organization that protects giraffes. They also educate the public and provide protection for the giraffes. However, the giraffes are domesticated (with names) and enjoy being fed and kissed by the public. I never thought I would kiss a giraffe. I finished my stay in Nairobi by going into the City Center observing all the iconic buildings.  I will be starting work at Tabaka Mission Hospital this week.
After being kissed by Ed.
 
Orphaned Baby Elephant
 
Nairobi City Center

No comments:

Post a Comment